Turkey hats are a fun Thanksgiving craft that your kids can wear around and show off.
This particular one is SUPER ADORABLE and fairly easy to make.
Here is what you will need:
I didn't measure anything; I just sort of eye-balled it:
- two brown strips (to measure around the child's head
- one brown circle (for the turkey head)
- 4 colored feathers
- one set of eyeballs
- one red waddle thing (whatever it is called)
- two red feather 'hands'
- one yellow diamond (for the beak)
- one sturdy strip of cardstock (for the neck)
Putting it all together is pretty self explanatory:
Measure the brown strips around the child's head, and tape/glue everything else together:
Fold the diamond in half so the beak can open and close, and use the cardstock "neck" to make the turkey's head wobble:
And that's it!
If this seems a little too ambitious for you:
They can be as easy as you'd like.
This one was made by my friend while she was watching Cannon for a playgroup. She had him tell her 3 things he was thankful for and wrote them on the feathers.