Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Color Sorting Tray

At a recent 'parent teacher conference' I was going over some of Cannon's goals.
One was to be able to sort things - by shape, size, color, etc.
I am working on a Sorting Train at the moment (coming soon).  
Until I finish with that, I had to improvise.

This idea came to me a few days later.

Color Sorting Tray

I just took two rows and cut them out from an old egg carton flat.
I colored in each hole with a different marker:
red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, white, brown and black

Fast and easy - and nobody cares when it gets thrown out!

I have a big jar of multi-colored beads that I thought would work perfectly...
 

Buttons or marbles would also work well.
Just use whatever you have on hand.

He had fun with it...

It also ended up being a great fine motor activity.
Especially if you are working on the pincer grasp

Either way, this is a quick project you can put together to keep your kid occupied for at least a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment