- 4 8.5x11" white cardstock pages
- 8 misc. colored cardstock for shapes
- tape or glue
- laminated pages (optional)
- hole punches or book binding (optional)
- double sided sticky velcro
- for each page of colored cardstock, cut out two matching shapes. We have a heart, diamond, triangle, square, circle, star, octagon and pentagon.
- Tape or glue two different shapes to each white cardstock page - front and back (leaving two sides blank for the front and back covers of the book).
- Laminate pages and additional matching shapes (this is optional, but it will make it last a lot longer).
* If you don't want to pay for laminating, you can use packaging tape. Cut long strips and lay them out, overlapping slightly, with the sticky side up, making a 'sheet' of tape. Put shapes or sheets of paper on top of the tape, and smooth over with your hand. Repeat for the other side.
- Bind the book together, or use a hole punch and tie pages together with string/yarn
- Attach the double sided sticky velcro to the shapes in the book, and the shapes that match
Cannon has been able to match them up for a while, but he still breaks it out from time to time. It also works well for color and shape recognition.